Sunday, December 19, 2010

Babam visit and Graduation!!

So I just realized that I graduated from Penn State today! Woooooo! Hello real world!!

But I still have a few days left before I actually have to enter the real world.

My dad (babam) got to Istanbul on Wednesday. I told him I would meet him after school at the hotel, but I actually went to school an extra day last week so I could meet him at the airport. Surprise! I also held a sign for him that said "Merhaba Skippidy-doo-dah" with "(Hi Dad)" underneath. It didn't really catch his attention because he wasn't looking for me, but I was able to get him to see me by yelling his name pretty loudly.

We spent the first day walking around Istanbul. He's only been here three days, and so far this is what we have seen:
Taksim
The Blue Mosque
Ayasofya
Spice Bazaar
Basillica Cistern
Istanbul Archaeological Museum
Orthodox Patricharate
Choura Church
Grand Bazaar
Dolmabahce Palace
Topkapi Palace
Kadikoy
Fenerbahce match (one of Istanbul's three futbol teams---this one is "the" team to cheer for where I live)

Basically we have done/seen a ton of sweet stuff, including some stuff I didn't get to do before he got here. The Fenerbahce game was awesome. I was one of the only females there--it was literally all males. It was quite the cultural experience to say the least. There were fans who cheered through out the entire game. We also had to stand the whole time because (like at PSU) the fans stand on the seats during the game. It was really fun, and basically how I celebrated my graduation (if I were at PSU, I would have walked across the stage--or whatever you do at graduation--during the game)! What a way to leave PSU.

I need to get some sleep--Cairo in the morning!

~Chicken (Tavuk) leaving Turkey

No comments:

Post a Comment